Char in summer

Char in summer
New dressage horse

Friday, December 28, 2007

FIRST POST

Hi! This is my first ever post on my new blogsite! I will be posting pics as soon as I can download them from my camera. I will be using this site primarily to chronicle my sewing and fibre arts projects.
Happy Holidays to all!
TIMMEL SWAP 2008.
After much deliberation I have decided on New Look 6609. This is a pattern for wovens. I will supplement this with pieces from New Look 6628, a similar design but for stretch knits, and Simplicity 4193, also for knits, but with a long seater coat with front ruffle. I may use some of the pattern pieces in a very unorthodox way! For colour and fabric selection, I am using primarily recycled fabrics..i.e. thrifted and vintage pieces cut apart and recut to pattern. My colour scheme was inspied by a little tank I picked up at VV, with a Miami Beach type feel...very joyful and happy......made me think of the 80's with all that white cotton with paint swirls we loved so much!. The complimentary colours will be green and violet. My neutral will be white. Sunshine yellow and hot pink will be for colour punch accents..
I plan to use some of my stash of bluejean pieces and overdye them green. From this I will make the woven jacket and 6-panel skirt to match. From the stretch knit patterns I will make a cardigan or kimono style top as a more relaxed alternative to the jean jacket. I plan to use vintage linens for other pieces. I will probably purchase some linen from Julie at Timmel to round out the Swap.--I may be planning as i go, since I have made a firm commitment to use recycled fabrics fo everything else, and alas, it is not "garage sale season", so the selection at thrift shops in my area is quite limited.--Ironically, I don't have much to go with my "Inspiration" theme in my stash!!
--I will post pics of my Storyboard as soon as I get caught up--I am technologically impaired!--M.

1 comment:

a little sewing said...

You lucky girl to have such great pets. And I love all your ideas about recycling and thrifting. It will undoubtedly infuse your work with much energy. I was very surprised to read you are 50 (did I get that right?) I am, too! And I admit, a little surprised to hit this milestone. :)
A hearty welcome!

SWAP COMPOSITE

SWAP COMPOSITE
all pieces minus purchased shirt