Char in summer

Char in summer
New dressage horse

Sunday, December 30, 2007

SWAP FABRICS

Today I should be able to manage to post some downloaded pics of my thrifted and stash fabrics for the Swap. I am going out to buy some Rit dye and will dye some beige linen from my stash. I look forward to this because linen always dyes so beautifully and the colours are so subtle.. I anticipate some kind of mossy green will result. The cotton pieces are going to be panels in a skirt I think, or some sort of graphic configuration.


PRAIRIEGIRL WINTERWEAR

I am also working on a Winter line of clothing mainly denim, corduroy and plaid flannel shirting.
D-Squared promoted the iconic Canadian winter attire world-wide a few seasons ago i.e. the plaid flannel overshirts we all wear out in the barn, and fur hats with earflaps (a la Elmer Fudd).--I have been working on a wearable line that typifies the Prairie Winter lifestyle and pioneer history. I am creating some under-skirts with ruffles made of plaid flannel shirts, to be worn either alone in the house, or as underskirts under denim amd corduroy.--Wearing a nice "Winter" type of skirt out in December or January is quite daunting, because the wind here is an icy blast and just tights and long boots over a mid-lenth skirt is just too drafty!! I will post when I have a completed garment.
--I was hoping to upload some pics of Christmases when the girls were little, but the program can't seem to configure them--I wil have to let my Internet guru take a look!--Cheers--M.

No comments:

SWAP COMPOSITE

SWAP COMPOSITE
all pieces minus purchased shirt