Char in summer

Char in summer
New dressage horse

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

BACK TO WORK/ SWAP PROGRESS

Just a quick post before turning in for the night...Today was the first day back at work, so not much sewing done. So far resisting the tempation of Fabricland's super-duper New Years' sale! This evening I dyed some pieces of denim--some old dresses and some chunks of jeans and some textured pieces..used 2 box of Sunshine Yellow and I of Dark Green and set the washer on Hot...to my delight it has turned out the EXACT colour I was hoping for! I shall use the plainer pieces for the gored skirt and the fancier ones in different tones and textures for the intricate pieces on the top. I may even use some lace on the jacket.--I'm starting to get excited about this project now!
I am going thrifting to the Sally A in my lunch break tomorrow for more "inspiration".
Over the last 2 days I have been busy making a bibbed apron out of a cute but badly fitted cotton shirt. I am using most of the fabric ie. used the sleeves for the ties, etc. I will post a pic once it is done. I want to find a mans' shirt possibly green pinstripe-for lining the bib and the straps.
.....My DH bought me a Sony Cybershot digital camera for Christmas--I was so excitied about all the pics I can post..unfortunately my computer is having issues and I can't get the USB port to work yet...so I am having to load my pics on a disc. Hubby just installed a disc drive (I had previously told him I didn't need such a thing..but, who knew?!!) , so I have to learn how to operate it!

No comments:

SWAP COMPOSITE

SWAP COMPOSITE
all pieces minus purchased shirt