Char in summer

Char in summer
New dressage horse

Sunday, January 6, 2008

NEW PROJECTS/ GREAT THRIFTING/ SWAP

What a wonderful sunny Sunday today !!----Sky so blue, snow melting......In Saskatchewan, we count every warm day as a blessing because it could plunge to -35F at any time!

SWAP PROJECTS
--- . Back to subject at hand..... Denim is dyed ready to cut, but I am hesitant to work with wovens due to weight fluctuation which can be blamed on Christmas celebrating..(at least the chocolates and baking are gone now)....So I am going to concentrate on working on my knit pieces in the month of January.
My first Swap piece is using sage green tubular rib knit thrifted from VV this weekend---2.5m. fabric for $3.99. I t is the kind of knit I find very confortable in the Summer. Pattern used is Simplicity 4020 View E, a Kimono style that is very flattering. I am cutting a straight size 20 and will see how much fitting I have to do. I may have to shorten the sleeves because they are very full and the knit is heavy,
I also found some white woven for skirt panels and a striped stretch cotton shirt to add to my pieces for a wrap shirt. Some crotcheted doilies will be great for embellishments.
----I had so much fun thrifting in Regina.!

WARDROBE REFASHION
I am also working on my apron project featuring the Canada geese. The bib and ties have been lined with pieces cut from a thrifted Calvin Klein gingham shirt. --I'm still very happy with this project.
Also still working out problems with the man's flannel workshirt refashioned skirt. I made the the "skirt" part by cutting up an old pair of navy knit narrow leg pants and cutting off at knee length.
I am stuck creatively on this project right now.

No comments:

SWAP COMPOSITE

SWAP COMPOSITE
all pieces minus purchased shirt