Char in summer

Char in summer
New dressage horse

Monday, March 31, 2008

ROMANCE Linen and lace outfit

Hi again! I am posting the results of my last two weeks of sewing...I was despairing of finishing the Swap by the deadline (April 11th)..but now I think I may actually make it! I have almost finished a bias-cut linen skirt with appliques from a vintage linen and crotcheted doily. Since I cut the jacket from the same linen-and had only purchased 3m-I had to make a join in the skirt diagonally across the front (quite tricky!). The doily pieces are sewn on diagonally, but are not symmentrical. The join and the hem seams have beeen left frayed and raw. The skirt has an interesting texture. By contrast, the shirt-jacket is very simple and clean finished. I did not put in the full facings because I thought it would make the linen too stiff, so I cut simple narrow facings for the top of the jacket and the peplum. Although my original plan was to make the jacket with heavy lace embellishment, I somehow don't want to spoil the pristine look-plus, I can't argue with my friend, it is more versatile this way.
--I'm also working on my textured dyed denim jacket and skirt--getting inspired and excited!--Too bad I have to go to work tomorrow---I'm really on a roll!!---M.

No comments:

SWAP COMPOSITE

SWAP COMPOSITE
all pieces minus purchased shirt